Friday 9 May 2008

A Step Back Too Far...

Another exam, another missed opportunity. Just the latest in a series of hopes and expectations failed to come to fruition. To be fair, most people were overwhelmed by the questions in the test but I know I could have done much better given more revision time (and more sleep!). Similar to the Integrated Design project, which I have have done so much more with the ideas I had in my head if only I were to have invested more thoughts and passion. And Constructionarium, although it was definitely a good idea to take a step back after being a team leader for the ID, choosing a position which ultimately put me completely out of the loop was a very bad idea. I guess in the end, I have managed to get myself a summer placement but I came out of the project feeling very unsatisfied. Not only was I not able to participate in and enjoy the core functioning of the team, I've also missed the opportunity to scorch in front of a bunch of contractors from Mott McDonald and Morrisroe. Getting an interview that way at the time would have been very handy indeed! It should not not about making excuses to explain why things can't be done, its about just making things happen. Can't scorch the sky with no fire!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home